Monday, February 08, 2016

Re Boot

Hello! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here. In those three or four years the internet has largely moved away from blogs. I can’t keep up; I’m now an Old instead of a Young. That’s ok. I feel pretty good about making it this far.


I now have nearly 40 years in this bright beautiful world, and I’ve learned a few things. One is that if I’m not regularly engaging my intellect, I become a monster-napping lazybones. Another is that facebook sucks my creative juices dry. Contrary to what I was assured, student loans aren’t “good debt.” I don’t have a natural talent for networking. I have natural limitations, and I pay attention to them.


Things have changed pretty drastically since my last post in 2012, and also have stayed very much the same. I’m still poor--even poorer than before, although I didn’t think that was possible. I’m still sick, with health issues that won’t quite go into remission, but less sick than I was then. I put on some weight. The teen has grown up and become a legal adult, living at home with me while she finishes school. I’ve fallen in and out of love a few times. I got a dog, he died, and I got another dog. As Kurt Vonnegut says, so it goes. Still have the same cat, though.


My intention is to now use this blog as an exploratory writing space to talk about my own intersectionality, particularly in terms of class, race, gender, ability, and sexual orientation. I’ll also complain about these things a fair amount, I’m guessing, because that’s also how it goes. I also want to talk about books, TV, movies, articles, social justice, farming, and other randomness.

Hope you’re down for the reboot. Hope I am too.

No comments:

Labels